Customer Service Representative
Otelco | Oneonta, AL
The Customer Service Representatives (CSR) is the initial point of contact for all customers; both internal and external; whether walk-in customers, electronically or via the telephone. Each representative is responsible for creating and maintaining a positive relationship with all of our customers for traditional telephone services, broadband services and other offered services. It is important to project a professional and knowledgeable approach with every contact made.
All CSR’s handle billing inquiries and enter service orders for new installations, removals, or changes. They assist customers on how to operate telephone and TV services and features, assist customers with their online billing and payments, and market and promote services when servicing new and existing customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide customer service by assisting customers with new service requests, service plan changes, disconnects, service questions and concerns, in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and within established error rate guidelines.
- Must be able to document all customer contact real time within the online billing system.
- Billing analysis of customer account reconciliation including federal and state taxes and surcharge explanations and the ability to complete test account identification for closeout processes and procedures.
- Process appropriate paperwork for residential customers in the serviced territory, including but not limited to credit worthiness.
- Promote and sell services to new customers and up sell any and all services to existing customers upon customer contact.
- All CSRs will have the knowledge of recurring and non recurring items that a customer may purchase, along with the price and how the service performs.
- Compile and send correspondence to customers including letters, promotional material, and to mail required equipment along with all pertinent instructions. All correspondence with customers (voice or electronic) will be documented in the customers account.
- Must be able to maintain cash drawer for the purpose of accepting payments as described by internal Standard Operating Procedures.
- Post amounts to customer accounts and issues receipts, if requested.
- Maintain effective communications with all other departments.
- Other projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of basic cashiering and bookkeeping practices.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, calculator, telephone and internet.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook email and internet access and retrieval.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in prioritizing and completing multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum of two years of direct customer service experience desired.